The Modal 500 exciter system delivers 450 Lb of force with a 2″ peak-to-peak stroke and includes all of the unique features that make MB Dynamics’ exciters the best around the world. With included portable cooling unit and optional force sensor, the Modal 500 can be customized to suit a number of different applications.
There’s more to using and buying modal exciters than meets the eye. Misjudging modal testing applications can be fraught with unforeseen hazards that contaminate data and miscalculating hidden costs can be risky. Avoid pitfalls and trust MB Dynamics, the leading worldwide supplier of modal exciters and excitation testing applications.
Modal 500 Technical Specifications:
- Force Output (w/ Forced Air Cooling): 2,000 N pk sine excitation
(450 lbf); 1,300 N RMS random (290 lbf)
- Force Output (w/ Ambient air Cooling): 1,000 N pk sine excitation (225 lbf); 650 N RMS random (145 lbf)
- Stroke: 50 mm peak-to-peak (2 in.)
- Velocity: 1.5 m/s peak (60 inches/second)
- Acceleration: 22 g pk continuous sine
- Frequency Range: DC – 1000 Hz usable to 4000 Hz
- Moving Element Weight: Less than 9.3 kg (20.5 lbs.)
- Driven-Axis Stiffness: 7.5 N/mm (42 pounds/inch)
- Exciter Weight (incl. Trunnion base): 250 kg (550 lbs.)
- Stinger Attachment: T-wrench key, tighten ½” hex stingers,
27 Nm (20 ft-lb) of torque
- Shaker Attachments: Floor mount with trunnion base; suspension mount with multiple turnbuckles
- Dimensions: 457 mm x 355 mm Footprint x 516 mm High
(18” x 14” x 20 5/16”)
- Drive Cable Length: 10 m (32 ft.); up to 50 m (160 ft .) optional
- Accessory Kit: Turnbuckles, wrenches, three ½” hex stingers x 400 mm long; (Optional bolt-on-masses for additional inertia with nuts & bolts)
- Cooling: Portable unit; optional Quiet Enclosure < 60 dBA; or shop air
- Force Sensor (Optional): 2,225 N (500 lbs.) tension & compress;
10 mV/lb (2248 mV/kN)
For more information or quotes on the MB Dynamics Modal 500 exciter, please fill out the “Request Information” form on this page, visit our contact page, or call us at +1-216-292-5850.